- All dolls should be new ones created for this contest
- One doll per round, though you can swap that doll out until the round closes
- Changing a model's hairstyle and make-up from round to round is encouraged, but no other changes should be made to their basic physical appearance
- No modified dolls
- Dolls should not be posted to other contests while their round is active, once their round is over you are more than welcome (if other contests permit) to post them in other contests.
- Every round is an elimination round unless otherwise specified. The contestant whose doll has the least overall number of crowns will be eliminated. If there happens to be a tie in overall crowns I will ( )eak it by comparing the number of combined (original, accurate, intricate, dark) crowns from outside the pretty category.
- Every round will have a unique theme and some may also have a special element/prize
- If an extension is needed, let me know in the comments of the prior round, before the posting date of the round you need an extension for so I can consider adjusting deadlines while being fair to all participants (For the 1st round I will leave the model selection contest up for this purpose).
- Participation is meant to be fun and if you need to drop at any time feel free to do so. If a contestant drops out, the round in which they drop will be non-elimination for participating contestants.
Crowns & Comments:
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contestants will get 50, 30, and 20 crowns respectively on any one doll of their choosing after they are eliminated/win.
- I will not personally crown any doll while their round is active unless it is part of a special element/prize for the round (see example for round 1 below), though I will try to comment on all of them
- At the end of the round I will place exactly one pretty on crown every doll so that I can check totals
Theme ~ Venetian Glass
Notes ~ The theme is Venetian glass; beyond that every contestant has a lot of creative freedom. Make any doll that incorporates the aesthetic of Venetian glass or glassmaking into the outfit or bakground. If a picture online provided inspiration for your doll I would love to see a link in the description, but it is not required.
Special ~ The contestant from this first round who has the highest number of intricate crowns on their doll will get 10% of their 1st round total added to their 2nd round total (e.g. if contestant A has the highest number of intricate crowns and has 40 crowns overall on their doll, I will add 4 crowns to their 2nd round total) I will round up or down to the nearest full crown.
Upload Date ~ August 24th
Round Ends ~ August 31st
Theme ~ Unconventional Mermaids
Notes ~ The theme is unconventional mermaids. Each of you has been assigned a sea-creature on which to base your mermaid. Names and creature names have been alphabetized and matched to randomize the assignments. The human legs and feet of the dolls should be covered in some way; other than that there are no rules for exactly how you have to structure your unique mermaids.
2BlueWizards ~ Jellyfish
DruidDoll ~ Narwhal
Heliotropic ~ Octopus
LisaRae ~ Seahorse
Owlie ~ Sea Slug (more attractive than it sounds)
Saralyn ~ Sea Turtle
Special ~ The contestant from this round who has the highest number of combined accurate/original crowns on their doll will get three assignment options to choose from in round three, which will also feature individual assignments.
Upload Date ~ September 7th
Round Ends ~ September 14th
Theme ~ Fall Foliage
Notes ~ Each of you has been randomly assigned a tree or plant and given the its most typical fall color. Feel free to combine your theme with other fall symbols or not.
Special ~ largest wordcount on comments from non-contest participants (so don't be discouraged from commenting on each other's dolls/also my comments wont be part of word count totals either) gets 30% of their overall total added to their crown total for THIS round.
2BlueWizards ~ Purple Ash (red-violet)
Lisa ~ River Birch (yellow)
Saralyn ~ Sumac (red)
Helio ~ Choice of (1) Sugar Maple (scarlet/orange) (2) Sassafras (Multihued: green/red/gold) (3) White Oak (yellow)
Upload Date ~ September 23th
Round Ends ~ September 30th
Round Four (Semi-Finals):
Theme ~ Sweater Weather
Notes ~ This theme is a more contemporary fashion challenge, without any assigned sub-themes. Show-off your model in your best, cozy sweater ensemble.
Special ~ The semi-final and final rounds will not feature a special element challenge
Upload Date ~ October 7th
Round Ends ~ TBD (probably October 14th, but I may extend it depending on scheduling concerns)