Days of Lament
Origins: Days of Lament is one of the oldest honorary cele( )ations among Deathasians. The origins of this event go as back as centuries, when the kingdom was ( )oken and the rebellion was a thing. The Children of Sun againstthe rebels, now called Deathasian. What staying in the history books is the amount of souls that were lost in the wars. This event was created to shown the respect the living have towards the great souls.
Who they honour: More specific the plain soldiers of both their kingdom and their enemies'. Independent of what their role was or the ( )avery they showed. Daring to step on the battlefield is a sigh of ( )avery itself for Deathasians.
How they honor the soldiers:
- The first 3 days of December it is neccesary for Deathasians to pray to the dead soldiers of their family and offer a dead flower to the Death God. It's an act of respect and great sorrow. The dead flower will continue to decay until December is over, the first day of January the flower will be reborn and stay invulnerable until the next December.
- After the 3 days of praying, Deathasian families gather at one's home, dine, talk and sing songs of peace and war for everyday of one week.
- For the next 20 days most of the day Deathasians pass it outside of their homes. All the ranks and classes mean nothing to Deathasians, they perform the Dance of the Dead to show that they still remember the lost souls, sing the song of afterlife and Death God. Those 20 days it never snows but only rains, something quiet unusual since of the cold weather. It is said that the rain is the tears of hapiness and sadness of the soldiers.
- The last day of December is a day of lament and only. Deathasians gather at temples deticated to Death God and speak to their lost soldiers. It is said that chosen people can listen among the silence Death God whispering. It is also said that the words he whispers predict a great lost.
- Deathasians wear only black clothes that cover the whole body leaving only the face and sometimes the hands coverless. They enrich their outfits with black silver and flowers of dark colours such as dark blue, turquoise and occasionally black and ( )own. Colours that resemble dead flowers.
- Deathasian hairstyles are more simple and many times they don't do anything more than a ( )aid or bun. They also decorate them with flowers only.
- Songs that resemble Days of Lament songs are:
- Fever Ray-Mercy Street
- Think up Anger-Close to you
- Eurielle-Carry Me
- The last day of December female Deathasians wear black veils that cover their faces and intense black shadow in their eyes.
- The last day of December male Deathasians wear mask that resemble a crying man. while wearing the mask the only thing that's visible is the eyes.
- The Queen doesn't wear her crown but a small wreath made for the event only.
- It is rare for Deathasians to wear moon jewelry in the event. Mostly Priestesses and Priests wear a discreet moon pendant.
The Deathasian Deities
Folklore: There are two interpretations created at the same era by two different people.
1. The first folklore has it that when the universe was created Time had two sons, Life and Death, with the first one to be born the second one was created. With Life being the first son and Death the second one. It is believed that Life was loved by everything, the planets spoke his name and the stars danced around his grace. With Life now among the universe everything was granted immortality, nothing would be extinguish and everything would have his shine. When Death was born he was nothing more than a follow up of Life, with his pressence he ( )ought darkness but the light of his ( )other always covered him. He continuously argued with Life saying that nothing can be immortal, everything, one day that may never come to some, will die, ( )eathing or not it has to stop shining. There was only one that loved Death more than Life, and that was Time...Time knew the burden of Death and the fear he ( )ings among everyone. She proved to Life that nothing is truly immortal to the eyes of Death. "...the day will come when the hand of Death reaches yours and then you will be gone. With nothing else alive he will harvest himself because nothing is truly immortal to Death's eyes. Only in the minds of others you hold immortality." Time knew that without Death there would be chaos because Life is freedom but Death is order. It is said that one day the two brothers fought but without using words, Death marked Life's face and as a result he was thrown far away in a planet that never celebrated the coming of Life but only stayed silent. Death was young and his wing's were weak, he was not able to fly back to his brother so he chose to stay there, away from confrontation. With his presence order was created among the living creatures, he lifted the curse of immortality from their shoulders and gave them a solution. From that day on he was worshipped as a God from the residents, one of the most ancient races named the land Deathasia to honour him.
2. The second folklore says that Life and Death are not brothers but Death was the son of Time and Life. The moment he was born immortality was gone and Life became weaker, some say he feared Death more than anyone, he thought that sooner or later the darkness he brought would extinguish his shine. And so, he was exiled by Life the result was Time being furious over his actions and as a punishment she promised to her son that a day will come where you will clean your name, the day where you will harvest Life and from his ashes a new era will begin with your name wore as a crown.
Deathasians believe in both folklores as they can't be sure which one of them is true and which is a lie. When it comes to teaching about the Death God they always use the first folklore, the second one is used mostly by writters.
The sight of Death without his armor is more than rare, in ancient paintings, he is illustrated as a tall and kind of muscular man with grey skin, long white hair and black eyes. Some of the old paintings that were found in a non Deathasian land represent him with grey skin and hair, white eyes and a scar that starts from his left eyes and ends in his lips. Nowdays Deathasians represent him with his armor and not as a mortal looking man.