- Adding in my Curiosity Keepers oc(s)!
Disclaimer per usual - Apocrypha's Edge belongs to @PinkRobin; Not Proven belongs to @2BlueWizards; The Curiosity Keepers belong to @MissLepusLuna. Any character mentioned that does not belong to me also belong to their respctive owners!
Apocrypha's Edge OCS
"[who are you writing too so often?]
My family back in Lavana. I left on bad terms but... I want to record my journey here, and I want them to see just what I can do for myself."
Full Name: Kiyaei [last name to be decided...?]
Race: Sun Elf
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Student at the Arcane University (Apprentice Mage)
Weapon: Stave; Lightning and fire magic
Outgoing | Lively | Stingy | Clumsy | Stubborn
To put it shortly - a little bottle of sunshine. Honestly, she's such a joy to be around. Contagious smile/laugh, a heart as big as the sun, a presence that can lighten the mood, so to say.
She has her mothers stubborness like no other though - the one single trait she got from her mother, charming.
She behaves a bit different the first few ("few" is a strech) years attending the unniversity, being more on edge and less social as normal, convinced by one of the other students that if she made even the slightest error in miscalulations would end up badly for her, considering her race.
She's since eased up a bit. That uneasiness still lingers in the back of her mind, but, for the most part she's broken out of the shell she had and often engages in social activities when she's free.
- Sewing, designing clothes, anything fashion related tbh
- #nottosoundvainbut Getting compliments on things she's made, especially her clothing or something she struggled with making
- Bright colors!!
- When her face hits her pillow after a long day
- c h i l d r e n
- Dull/muted colors
- The feeling of having to perform perfectly/meet her mother's expections
- People who can literally talk your ear off
- People throwing their wishes/goals/desires/etc!! onto her
- Sewing!! Making clothes!! Patterning!! Drafting!! FASHION!!!
- Writing letters
the watered down version is that she and her mother got into this fight (from decades and decades of tension overspilling) and the following night she made the choice to pack up her things and leave.
she ended up in Empirias after a while of traveling, and with no other real place to go she enrolled in the arcane university cause on one hand she had more pride than ending up working for someone who'd treat her like garbage and on the other was the dream to study there one day anyway so...
- Second eldest daughter of Darisa
- She has two other siblings - a younger brother named Alishar and an elder sister named Amina. She was is especially closest to her brother.
- Being tutored by....? (hint, hint)
- Despite the falling out she and her mother had, she writes letters to her family daily. She doesn't send the letters she has written, but hopes one day she can return home and give them to her family
- Kiyaei isn't really sure what she wants to do once she's done at the university... when she first came to Emperias, enrolling was her only option at the time. She hasn't thought that far ahead. Guess she'll figure it out when she gets there
- She dreams of opening her own clothing store one day.
- Is the type of person to have the same exact outfit in every shade imaginable
"...it's a name that casts a hefty shadow, the Blàrach.
And I'm the last of them.."
Full Name: Faline Blàrach
Nicknames: The wood elven children often call her "mother faline"
Race: Wood Elf
Marital Status: Single
Weapon: Stave; Earth and Healing magic
Polite | Considerate | Strict | Abdsent Minded |
Given the fact that Faline has just rather recently become a Historian in her mother's place, she has matured into the role rather fast. She is rather young still however, so she is not without her moments but she does try her darnest.
She is kinda and compassionate to a certain fault.
Faline also has this motherly quality about her that makes her rather good with kids, although she can be rather strict with the children, but they still adore her all the more.
A lot of the elder Wood Elves compare her to one of her deceased relatives rather often, claiming her to be a splitting image of them.
- The flower crowns the kids make for and gift her
- Not having a Speaker in case of a worst case scenario
- Hearing others remind her of all of the other "great contributations" her late relatives have done for the wood elves
- Picturing that she could be the very last of her family name
- Telling stories
- Singing when no one's around (will hum lullabies to the wee little ones though)
- Gardening (when she has the time)
Current backstory I have for Faline is that she is one of the last of the Blàrach wood elven family, which has been slowly dwindling slowly but surely over the last five decades or so.
She was the Speaker of her late mother, who, on her death bed requested that she attempt to revitalize the Blàrach name.
i'll work on it
- She has a beautiful singing voice. It's not that she's shy about singing around others its that. She does not want to
"Why? Because this is a life that I got to choose for myself.
Also - because I'm rather good at it."
Full Name: Cyrille Faure
Race: Moon Elf
Gender: Agender (they/them/theirs)
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Stealth Mage (Shadowcaster Rank)
Weapon: Twin Daggers; Ice and Water magic
Some might say that Cyrille is something of an enigma. They are someone who does such "vile" and "unholy" things with nay a problem.
Cryille, despite being ostricted by them, continues to care heavily for the rest their family.
- Estranged from their family. Cyrille cares very much from them but, they weren't suited for that kind of life, and the rest of the Faure family does not approve of the decision to join the university (let along their choice to become a spellcloak, but a story for another day), so its best they stay apart.
- Despite the estrangement though, they still keep in touch with some of their siblings, particuarlly the younger ones.
to be added...?
"That argument was the result of years and years of tension brewing.
..let the girl do what she wants. reminds me of myself when I was that age, albeit with a bit more sense."
Full Name: Darisa
Age: imma have to get back to y'all on this one
Race: Sun Elf
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Martial Status: Widowed; Slowly looking to try dating again
Weapon: Stave; Earth magic
Many would tell you that the Darisa they know now is different than the Darisa they knew then.
The passing of her beloved changed the lore-keeper; it changed her.
Her bright, beatiful smile, nothing more than a strained one. She doesn't laugh anymore. She's more...
She's a workaholic. Darisa finds it hard to express her feelings these days, and that in of itself has put such a strain on her relationships, especially those with her kids (just ask her second eldest)
Darisa is still in a greiving state of mind. Her wife was taken so suddenly, she hasn't had the time to process it and move on yet.
- The mention of her and Kiyaei's "bad relationship" is invitation for her to smack you
- Mother of Amina, Kiyaei and Alishar
- Former wife of ...? who died due to illness
"Getting to travel around satisfies my idle curiousity, so I'll continue to do so.
...until I get bored."
Full Name: Evina
Race: Night Fae
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Martial Status: Single
Occupation: Traveler / Entertainer (not sure what, but i'mthinking she plays an instrument of some sort)
Weapon: Wind Magic
Like many other Night Fae, Evina has a slight arrogance when certain subjects are brought up - but she has a more humbled? arrogance is that a thing? ok ok
Since discovering the luxuries the other races have, she has garened an intersting curiousity towards not only the many things they have, but also the races themselves.
- Observing the other races
- Food (drink, especially)
- Practicing her instrument
- Learning about the other races
- Trying new food and drink
- Refuses to sleep, but she very much enjoys to eat. She didn't used to eat either, but after enoying the taste of food (it was the drink that won her over though), she can't imagine not eating food oop
Not Proven OCS
"Caly is trained, thank you very much. Maybe stop trying to provoke my dog, you asshole, and maybe she won't try and bite your ass."
Full Name: Kiara Blaise
- Too many rules ; Outragous rules
- Vblogging about fashion
- Making/designing clothes in her spare time (she has a few sketchbooks full of designs lmao)
- Younger half-sister of Adrian
- Kiara has a siberian husky named Calypso, Caly for short.
- Kiara is French and Africian.
- She is legally blind in her left eye.
- Kiara will try on anything (and I mean anything) at least once, clothing wise. There was a point where she was so controlled in her outfits that now that she can wear whatever the bloody heck she wants, she's gonna try on everything.
- 100%, absolutely, is subscribed to like every makeup/fashion magazine ever known to man
- She's really into theatere and stage plays!
- Kiara is really into writing and will stay up to the ungodly hours of the night just to finish a piece. Oddly enough, that's also when her best ideas come to her... haha
- Kiara bakes on the side and she's pretty into it. She can't cook (without a recipe and like, even then she can't garentee it'll be okay...) to save her life, but she's very confident in her baking abilities. You should try her cupcakes. One day she would like to learn how to make candy from scratch.
- She can play the cello!
- Kiara has an anklet that she rarely (if ever) is seen without - its one of the only materalistic things she has that reminds her of her mother.
- Kiara refuses to sit at tables/chairs right (90% of the time). You know those kids who turn their chairs around and sit on them that way? Thats her lmao. No she doesn't know why she does it. Its a bad habit. The closest you'll ever see her "properly" sitting in a chair is her kicing her feet up on a table
- Kiara dreams of becoming a fashion designer. It's been her dream for a very long time, and those corny fashion makeover shoes is what got her into fashion in the first place (even, in her opinion, if they were very bad)
"No, no. call me Adrian, not Adriano. A-D-R-I-A-N!"
Full Name: Adriano Vescovi
Classes (m/w/f): tba
Classes (tue/th): tba
Adrian is known for his charasmatic and outgoing personality, but more often than not, he likes to maintain a sort of distance between others. He has plenty of acquaintance, but Adrian's warriness of others intentions makes it hard for him to keep that anything closer than an arms length away.
- The occasional smoke
- Being called Adriano
- His old friends. Yes he's petty
- People who treat other people like sh#t and then play the victim card
- Eh, he's gotta used to Kiara harping him about his style and he appriciates her taking the time to "help," but its still exausting
- Not being in a position to visit/see his birth mother more often
- Playing the drums
- Recording vidoes / taking photographs / using cameras in general
- Collecting vinyl records
- Older half-brother of Kiara
- Adriano used to have like... zero fashion sense. Enter Kiara, and suddenly he's the cool band drummer everyone wants to have sex with! I'm joking. But he does really like the band...aesethic? is that a thing.
- He, (opposite of Kiara) has two cats: a turkish angora named alyx, and a maine coon named apollo
- He used to be in a band when he was younger, back with his (now ex) friends. Admittingly, they sucked, but after they split, Adrian never stopped drumming and eventually his dad (tired of that godawful drumming) paid for drumming lessons. He's never went a day without praticing since then. - Adriano is Italian, French and Filipino.
- He is fluent in Italian and English, and knows a decent amount of French as well (enough to hold a basic conversation). He never got the chance to properly learn Tagalog, but he knows a bit of it - like he can ask for directions and where's the bathroom is but that's about it. Though he does want to fully learn it one day.
- He enjoys filming short films and documentaries. He's actually pretty handy with a camera. Not so great at being in it (in his opinion) htough.
- Unlike Kiara, he can cook without needing to stare at a recipe. He can't bake though, so I guess there's that.
- Adrian wants to persue a career in photography.
- He sees a therapist. His dad started taking him a little while after the aftermath of the fallout between Adrian and his ex-friends, and it's been really good for him. While he doesn't see his therapist as much as he used to, he still has someone to talk too when he needs to let everything out. And he's only a phonecall away.
Curiosity Keepers OCS
Full Name: Aileas Lyne
Position: Cabinet Keeper
Afilliation: Knowledge Seekers
Protection Stone: Malachite; jewelry (earrings)
Backstory: Aileas is a Cabinet Keeper for the Knowledge Seekers, originally a former Collector Candidate - but her lack of showing abilities left her instead as a Cabinet Keeper, lest her combat skills go to waste.
Full Name: Nadave
Nicknames: Ave, preferably, or Ada
Position: Curiosity Spirit
Cabinet: Eventide Society
Drawn From: A compass much like this one
Nadave is a helper curiosity spirit belonging to the Eventide Society; her curiosity has quite the story; The compass itself was originally uncovered by one of the other Cabinetes, but switched hands numerous times following various raids before finally ended up in the ends of the Eventide Society before she was drawn out by Aris.
- Nadave often speaks in riddles or, well, I guess I should say she doesn't normally speak bluntly; you have to very much read between the lines with her
Full Name: Aris Levidis
Afilliation: The Eventide Society
Main Curiosity: The compass Nadave was drawn from; it allows him to locate anything (within reason) within a certain radius.