Realistic charcoal portraits:
Media: Charcoal, conté. Soft willow charcoal, compressed charcoal, charcoal pencil, 'white charcoal' pencil. I'm pretty sure the 'white charcoal' was just chalk pastel in wood, but it works for the small things. Conté is like the big brother to chalk pastels. They can be erased! Sort of!
Erasers used: Kneaded eraser, white Staedtler eraser (any respectable-looking white eraser will work. Not a pink one. I got yelled at for that.) Kneaded erasers are the best for charcoal, hands-down.
Paper: greyscale pastel/charcoal paper. I prefer using a darker grey because the white shows up better. Once I used lighter paper for a still life, and I was having a horrible time.
- Took at least 15 hours
- Image is 18"x23". (Paper was unusually large?)
- Was my portrait project for my Intro to Drawing class.
- Took at least 12 hours
- Image is 18"x24". (Full paper size)
- Was my final project for my Intro to Drawing class.
Media: Prismacolor NuPastel color pastels. They're a great quality for a reasonable price. You can buy them in a pack, or individually. I also used my charcoal pencils for tiny black and white details.
Eraser: Staedler white eraser. I also use slivers of them to blend colors.
Paper: My standard toned pastel paper.
- I have no idea how long it took, at least 16 hours?
- Paper is 18"x24", image is probably 16"x22"
- My final project for Intermediate Drawing.
- A 'master copy' of Bouguereau's "Evening Mood". In the original painting, the woman isn't purple, obviously.
- Holy papillae, Batman, there's nudity!
- I'm not entirely done with this. I could do a lot more, but I was so exhausted at the end of the semester (and I was so covered in hives) that I'm not going to look at it for at least another month.
I have Photoshop Elements Editor on my computer. It's like a "light" version of Photoshop, I'm pretty sure. I DUNNO IT JUST SHOWED UP ONE DAY. I have a 12"x9" Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. It's really old and it's really beat up. I actually have no idea how to effectively use Photoshop.
Kira bust portrait: MY BABY
Tanwen bust portrait: MY GREY BABY
Marcus bust portrait: MY BUTTHEAD BABY
Kira's pinup portrait thing: MY BABY WITH LOOSE MORALS
Chibi me on the computer: I SPEND ALL OF MY TIME ON DD EVEN THOUGH I DON'T DO MUCH
Kira outline: So once I did this thing where I drew really really well and then I scanned it and traced it and it's in photoshop now.
What am I doing with my life