Hi guys! So this is the first of something I might be doing for a while, depending on if people like it or not.
If you're a bookworm or writer, you will understand this. When you finish your book and put it down you immediantly want to tell someone all about it. My problem is that my friends are not really book-lovers but I know lots of you are.
Every month I will list five books I really enjoyed. They might not be from this month but they'll be recent reads. I will also list five songs or pieces of music I've enjoyed listening to recently.
So if you like this, please tell me on my announcement doll and if you want to see more. Sorry for any spelling errors and enjoy!
<( ) />
My Book Recommendations June 2016
- The Cardturner- Even though I rated this book three stars out of five on Goodreads, I still really loved it somehow. I couldn't put the book down and I really liked the characters, Alton and Toni. A word of warning though, The Cardturner is about ( )idge and it often interrupts the storyline to go into detail about matches, cards and rules. However the author (Louis Sacher, who wrrote Holes) put a little whale at the start of these parts and explains that whenever you see Moby Dick then you can skip to the little box that quickly explains it for people who are not interested (like me). That being said the story isn't all about ( )idge, more friendship and life after death.
- The Village by The Sea- This is possibly the best book I've ever read. It's sweet and simple and you can relate to the characters. It's also very interesting because it has tiny details that make it really beautiful and I learnt a lot about Indian culture reading it. Anita Desai is a very skilled writer and I'm so glad I found this book!
- Boy In The Tower- Polly Ho Yen has only ever written this book but I'm still very surprised that this is not a best-selling famous novel. I kept on reading and reading. It's so gripping and even if it's a children's novel it's actually quite gripping and scary in parts (but in a good way).
- The False Prince- My first thing to say about this will be that the main character Sage is amazing. He's perfect without being a Mary Sue because he's intelligent and witty, but he has his flaws. The story is so intense, as are the two books after it in the series. The author has also written many other books all of which are great reads too!
- Arsenic For Tea- This is the sequel to Murder Most Unladylike and it is by far better! Daisy is a much more likable character in this book as she seems to have finally realized she should be nice to her best friend Hazel... It's very exciting and fast-moving so it should be a quick read.
<( ) />My Music Recommendations June 2016
- Raindrops by SNBRN feat. Kerli- This is definitely my favourite song right now! Kerli's voice is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and the music is soothing but upbeat at the same time. Just go listen to it right now. Please. <( ) />
- Bloom by ODESZA- This piece of music is so beautiful! It's modern and POPish but it's also kind of 'old-style' too if you know what I mean. I could listen to it for hours and never get bored! It's three minutes long and every second is different!
- Bang Bang by Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj- I know this song is quite old now but I can't get enough of it! It's very upbeat and good for when you're feeling down!
- Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay feat. Beyonce- This was my favourite song until the other three turned up but I still love it! It's very catchy and I knew the lyrics by the second or third time I listened to it.
- Photograph by Ed Sheeran- I've never been a fan of Ed Sheeran but this song is my life. It's so sweet and it's nice to hear instead of the loud static POP songs that are all over the radio right now (although I like them too!). Great song! <( ) />
So I hope you liked this and please tell me if you want to see another next month! If you're interested please check out these books and songs! Love you! <3